TERNA ENERGY is a vertically organized Renewable Energy Sources company undertaking the Development, Construction, Financing, and Operation of renewable energy projects (wind, hydro, solar, biomass, waste management).
TERNA ENERGY, seeks to hire a Control Room Operator to join its team based in Athens. From the company’s control center, he/she monitors the operating conditions of the renewable energy plants. Key function is to mitigate equipment downtime and production losses through responsive, timely actions to maximize plant performance. The Control Room Operator remotely monitors and controls plant equipment using Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) computer system.
- Control Room Operator works in a shift model in accordance with a 24/7/365 work schedule including public holidays and weekends
- Read, understand, and apply information such as safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Meet safety and quality requirements
- Maintain safe, reliable, and efficient operation by quickly responding to changing conditions in order to maximize availability and generation by operating facilities within all applicable permits, electrical system procedures, contractual obligations, and company objectives
- Monitoring our wind turbines worldwide via SCADA systems and escalation all important system alerts
- Visually monitor and read parameters, data points, and sensor outputs at specified intervals to verify operating conditions and to detect faults and malfunctions
- Monitor data such as weather conditions including wind speed, direction, turbulence, irradiance, storms
- Develop and implement effective strategies to maximize the generating assets value by capturing profit opportunities when possible
- Perform diagnostic analysis of operating data to assess operating performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Record operation actions taken during shift in operator’s logbook or other automated logging mechanisms
- Assisting or supervision of service activities performed by third parties or colleagues
- Anticipate typical problems, identify potential or recurring problems, discover opportunities for improvements, and take appropriate action
- Communication with technicians and the maintenance teams
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (Technological Institute is preferred)
- 3-5 years working experience in service & maintenance related activities to wind turbines. Remote Monitoring experience will be considered as a plus.
- Proficient use of the English language (both oral & written)
- Understanding of the technical operation and control of wind power plants is obligatory
- Proficient in operating computers and all other plant SCADA systems used in monitoring and controlling plant operations
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Work with great pleasure to build a strong and professional team and a good relationship with customers and stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Work structured and consistent attention to detail
- Flexibility and multi-tasking
- Good analytical skills to process information in a timely and accurate manner
- Know how to solve problems and conflicts and a strong in setting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Kindly submit your resume at the following link: