The goal is to create added value across the chain of RES projects, a pursuit that shapes the
corporate strategy and is at the epicenter of the operations and goals set by the company.
Specifically, the company aims at:
- Substantially increasing its current installed capacity.
- Expanding further in Greece and bolstering its international presence.
- Carrying out activities over a wide range of technological applications.
- Maintaining a leading position in wind energy and developing activities in hydroelectric
projects, solar energy and biomass.
- Expanding its operations by investing in energy storage with pumping projects and batteries.
TERNA ENERGY aims at balanced growth and makes continuous efforts to achieve this goal by
creating a solid alliance with its stakeholders. The following are areas of paramount importance:
- Business excellence based on transparency and ethics.
- Promoting Sustainable Development and fostering a green energy culture.
- Promoting innovative solutions, technical know-how and scientific research.
- Ensuring high quality through the application of effective solutions and best practices.
- Fostering the Health and Safety of employees and associates.
- Employee development.
- Achieving the maximum benefit for all stakeholders.
- Maintaining meaningful and ongoing communication with all stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing programs and actions that contribute to the achievement of
social prosperity and cohesion.
In the context of the responsible management of impacts on biodiversity that may result from
our activities, we adopt methods and technologies that aim to protect the natural ecosystems
and the biological wealth of the areas where we operate.
The approach we follow during the implementation of each project is based on the
precautionary principle. This approach allows us to minimize our impacts on biodiversity and it
manifests through the following phases:
1. Research for the proper siting of projects and necessary infrastructure
2. Preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) studies and other special studies
3. Application of a certified Environmental Management System (EMS) and Education
4. Restoration of areas and construction -site surfaces
As part of our ongoing effort to create a positive impact in each area where we operate,
strengthening local communities and building responsible social relationships is one of our top
priorities. Establishing responsible and transparent relationships with local communities
concerns the region and / or country where we operate, while these relationships can be
affected by both the actions of our employees as well as those of our suppliers and partners. At
the same time, continuous social support is an important factor for improving the lives of
citizens, especially in the areas of poverty, hunger and unemployment alleviation, improving
health, safety and well-being, quality education, and the sustainability of cities and
communities, mostly through actions to strengthen cultural heritage.
Strengthening our relationships with local communities is achieved through a multidimensional
strategy that aims to create positive impacts in the areas where we operate. As part of our
strategy, we are creating new jobs, supporting local suppliers and stakeholders, providing offset
benefits and taking care of our socio-economic footprint.
TERNA ENERGY’s social contribution for 2018 reached € 544,423.
Typical examples of social contribution are the development of infrastructure projects that
improve the daily lives of citizens and the practical support and backing of local schools, local
authorities and bodies, local cultural and sports associations, universities and individual students
and health centers. Through these actions and initiatives, we bolster the operation of social
structures and facilitate the work of local authorities, promote the education and training of
young people, bring out the cultural heritage of the area, foster the environmental awareness of
citizens and promote sport, health and well-being of citizens.
Caring for Our People
Our people at TERNA ENERGY are our most important resources. Their professionalism and
dedication in performing their tasks is the key to our success in Greece and abroad.
Recognizing the contribution and value of our employees, we are trying to provide the right
working conditions, in an environment of equal opportunities, continuous professional
development and high benefits.
Through the working environment it has created, the company cares for their Health and Safety,
the development of their skills, their rights, equal opportunities and supporting diversity.
TERNA ENERGY’s human resources are systematically supported in their professional and personal development. Our philosophy is that the employee should face the professional environment as a constant challenge.
TERNA ENERGY’s success results from its employee’s contribution, as it is them who ensure its growth and development. Their knowledge, expertise and creativity, guarantee the company’s future success.
Environmental Health and Safety Policy
TERNA ENERGY is committed to the reduction of the environmental impacts that result from its operations, as well as for the protection of the employees’ health and safety, through the implementation of an Environmental and H&S Management System, according to ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007 standard requirements, applicable to the activities of construction and operation of technical projects and production units.
TERNA ENERGY is committed to:
- The conformance to applicable legal and other requirements, in order to assure environmental protection and employees health and safety.
- The protection of the environment and ecosystems, through the identification and evaluation of the environmental impacts that result from its activities
- The identification of the occupational hazards and the minimization of the consequences to all of its employees through the implementation of proper protective measures.
- The prevention of injuries, illnesses and adverse Health and Safety incidents that could result from its operations and activities.
- The provision of adequate training for its employees, regarding environmental protection and occupational health and safety.
- The prevention of environmental pollution, the reduction of quantities of produced waste and the assurance of their safe and environmentally correct use and disposal.
- The saving of natural resources through the re-use and recycling of materials, the purchasing of recycled materials and the use of recyclable packaging and other materials.
- The responsible use of energy in all its activities.
- The protection of the employees and the community in which it operates, through the implementation of safe technologies and operational procedures.
- The communication of the commitment for the environmental protection and occupational Health and Safety to its suppliers, customers and community in which it operates.
- The protection of ancient monuments, cultural heritage, animal and plant life, through the adoption of methods and technologies that are environmental friendly.
- The cooperation with environmental organizations and authorities for the protection of the environment.
- The continuous improvement of the HSE Management System.
It is strong belief of the organizations’ top management that the protection of the environment and the protection of employees’ health and safety, is everybody’s responsibility and for this reason the organization on its whole is committed to the implementation of every possible measure and procedure for the minimization or/and elimination of the relevant negative consequences.
ENVIRONMENTAL STATEMENT 2019
TERNA ENERGY is committed to the achievement of Maximum Customer Satisfaction and to the full responsiveness to the contractual requirements and to any current good practices that arise from science and art (ISO 9001:2015).
Our goals are:
Construction of technical works
- Completion of projects within the required timeframe, as part of the contractual obligations or within the schedules predefined by the organization.
- Incorporation and enrichment of the organization’s know-how
- Research and utilization of new activities related to the organization’s scope.
- Continuous improvement of our efficiency.
Construction and operation of power plants
- Optimization of construction time and costs
- Optimization of the monitoring methods and operation of each plant
- Continuous improvement of the efficiency of each plant
Construction Design of new power plants
- Proper technical and economical design of the plants
- Design of the plants at the lowest cost and maximum quality and quantity of produced energy
Our goals are achieved by the existence and fulfillment of the following conditions:
- Detailed design of the company’s activities
- Availability of experienced and active staff
- Confirmation that the employees of the company understand the client’s requirements
- Renewal and continuous maintenance of the Mechanical Equipment
- Monitoring of market requirements and technological developments
- Transfer of know-how to and from each project via an organized communication system
- Continuous improvement of TERNA ENERGY’s quality management system following the market requirements and the experience gained from the projects
- Careful assessment of suppliers and subcontractors
- Training of company’s employees
TERNA ENERGY S.A. is committed to the reduction of its energy consumption and greenhouse gases emission in its buildings and installations, aiming at sustainable development.
Target of the organization is to construct and operate technical projects and production units, protecting the environment and using energy in an efficient way. This target is going to be achieved with the establishment and implementation of energy saving measures and the establishment and implementation of an Energy Management System.
Organization’s commitment is based on the following principles:
- On-going reduction of energy consumption and increase of energy performance, with maintaining in parallel of the projects’ quality and employees’ health and safety.
- Design and construction of electrical energy production units from Renewable Energy Sources (RES).
- Identification and elimination of any kind of energy waste, though the frequent review of its processes.
- Contribution to the reduction of greenhouse gases emission, through the reduction in energy consumption.
- Monitoring and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements related to energy.
- Implementation and certification of an Energy Management System as per ISO 50001 standard, aiming at the continuous improvement of energy performance.
- Establishment of targets as part of the Energy Management System implementation. Targets are reviewed annually and new or improved targets are set as a result of the review.
- Top management works towards the provision of the necessary resources in order energy targets to be achieved.
- Energy policy, targets, Energy Management System, actions for the achievement of targets and relevant results are communicated to all personnel. Employees receive training and are provided with information on energy saving issues, which can implement in their working environment.Commitment for the reduction of energy consumption and improvement of energy performance is the responsibility and target for each member of the top management and each organization employee.
Corporate Responsibility Report 2018
Corporate Responsibility Report 2017
Corporate Responsibility Report 2016
Corporate Responsibility Report 2015