The goal is to create added value across the chain of RES projects, a pursuit that shapes the
corporate strategy and is at the epicenter of the operations and goals set by the company.
Specifically, the company aims at:
- Substantially increasing its current installed capacity.
- Expanding further in Greece and bolstering its international presence.
- Carrying out activities over a wide range of technological applications.
- Maintaining a leading position in wind energy and developing activities in hydroelectric
projects, solar energy and biomass.
- Expanding its operations by investing in energy storage with pumping projects and batteries.
TERNA ENERGY aims at balanced growth and makes continuous efforts to achieve this goal by
creating a solid alliance with its stakeholders. The following are areas of paramount importance:
- Business excellence based on transparency and ethics.
- Promoting Sustainable Development and fostering a green energy culture.
- Promoting innovative solutions, technical know-how and scientific research.
- Ensuring high quality through the application of effective solutions and best practices.
- Fostering the Health and Safety of employees and associates.
- Employee development.
- Achieving the maximum benefit for all stakeholders.
- Maintaining meaningful and ongoing communication with all stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing programs and actions that contribute to the achievement of
social prosperity and cohesion.
In the context of the responsible management of impacts on biodiversity that may result from
our activities, we adopt methods and technologies that aim to protect the natural ecosystems
and the biological wealth of the areas where we operate.
The approach we follow during the implementation of each project is based on the
precautionary principle. This approach allows us to minimize our impacts on biodiversity and it
manifests through the following phases:
1. Research for the proper siting of projects and necessary infrastructure
2. Preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) studies and other special studies
3. Application of a certified Environmental Management System (EMS) and Education
4. Restoration of areas and construction -site surfaces
ENVIRONMENTAL STATEMENT 2019
ENVIRONMENTAL STATEMENT 2018
As part of our ongoing effort to create a positive impact in each area where we operate,
strengthening local communities and building responsible social relationships is one of our top
priorities. Establishing responsible and transparent relationships with local communities
concerns the region and / or country where we operate, while these relationships can be
affected by both the actions of our employees as well as those of our suppliers and partners. At
the same time, continuous social support is an important factor for improving the lives of
citizens, especially in the areas of poverty, hunger and unemployment alleviation, improving
health, safety and well-being, quality education, and the sustainability of cities and
communities, mostly through actions to strengthen cultural heritage.
Strengthening our relationships with local communities is achieved through a multidimensional
strategy that aims to create positive impacts in the areas where we operate. As part of our
strategy, we are creating new jobs, supporting local suppliers and stakeholders, providing offset
benefits and taking care of our socio-economic footprint.
TERNA ENERGY’s social contribution for 2018 reached € 544,423.
Typical examples of social contribution are the development of infrastructure projects that
improve the daily lives of citizens and the practical support and backing of local schools, local
authorities and bodies, local cultural and sports associations, universities and individual students
and health centers. Through these actions and initiatives, we bolster the operation of social
structures and facilitate the work of local authorities, promote the education and training of
young people, bring out the cultural heritage of the area, foster the environmental awareness of
citizens and promote sport, health and well-being of citizens.
Caring for Our People
Our people at TERNA ENERGY are our most important resources. Their professionalism and
dedication in performing their tasks is the key to our success in Greece and abroad.
Recognizing the contribution and value of our employees, we are trying to provide the right
working conditions, in an environment of equal opportunities, continuous professional
development and high benefits.
Through the working environment it has created, the company cares for their Health and Safety,
the development of their skills, their rights, equal opportunities and supporting diversity.
TERNA ENERGY’s human resources are systematically supported in their professional and personal development. Our philosophy is that the employee should face the professional environment as a constant challenge.
TERNA ENERGY’s success results from its employee’s contribution, as it is them who ensure its growth and development. Their knowledge, expertise and creativity, guarantee the company’s future success.
Management Systems Policy
TERNA ENERGY, through the implementation of a management system as per ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 50001, ISO 37001 & ISO 19600 standards requirements for the construction and operation activities of technical projects and energy production units, is committed to:
- the achievement in the highest degree of the interested parties’ satisfaction and the full responsiveness to the contractual requirements and to any current good practices
- the mitigation of the impacts from its operations to the environment,
- the reduction of energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions from the buildings and installations, aiming at sustainable development
- the protection of Health & Safety of its employees
- the implementation of the basic principles of the Code of Conduct
- the strengthening of the company’s business principles through the personnel and contractors’ awareness on regulatory compliance, anti-bribery, anti-corruption and business relations issues.
Above commitments are based on the following principles:
- Conformance to applicable legislative and other requirements
- Environmental protection and ecosystems protection through the identification and evaluation of environmental impacts and aspects from the company’s activities
- Prevention of environmental pollution, reduction of quantities of produced waste and assurance of their safe and environmentally correct use and disposal
- Saving of natural resources through the re-use and recycling of materials, the purchasing of recycled materials and the use of recyclable packaging and other materials
- Responsible use of energy, identification and elimination of any kind of energy waste, and increase of energy performance, maintaining at the same time the quality level of the projects and the employees’ health and safety.
- Identification and elimination of risks, through the implementation of proper protective measures.
- Provision of safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of labor accidents and diseases.
- Employees consultation and participation for Health and Safety issues and proper use of the information received for the improvement of the system and the limitation of the risk.
- Provision of proper training for quality, environmental protection, energy saving, occupational health and safety and compliance.
- Protection of the employees and the community in which it operates, through the implementation of safe technologies and operational procedures.
- Cooperation with approved suppliers and subcontractors
- Protection of ancient monuments, cultural heritage, animal and plant life, through the adoption of methods and technologies that are environmentally friendly.
- Continuous improvement of the implemented Management System.
- Setting of targets and monitoring of their achievement.
- Provision from the top management of all the required resources, in order the achievement of targets to be feasible
- Reporting and management of complaints and development of individual policies and procedures that support the implementation of the Code of Conduct.
Company’s management considers that quality, environmental protection, energy performance improvement, employees’ health and safety and compliance to the Code of Conduct is everyone’s obligation and is therefore committed for the cooperation with all interested parties and the implementation of every possible measure towards this direction.
Corporate Responsibility Report 2018
Corporate Responsibility Report 2017
Corporate Responsibility Report 2016
Corporate Responsibility Report 2015