TERNA ENERGY is committed to the reduction of the environmental impacts that result from its operations, as well as for the protection of the employees’ health and safety, through the implementation of an Environmental and H&S Management System, according to ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007 standard requirements, applicable to the activities of construction and operation of technical projects and production units.
TERNA ENERGY is committed to:
- The conformance to applicable legal and other requirements, in order to assure environmental protection and employees health and safety.
- The protection of the environment and ecosystems, through the identification and evaluation of the environmental impacts that result from its activities
- The identification of the occupational hazards and the minimization of the consequences to all of its employees through the implementation of proper protective measures.
- The prevention of injuries, illnesses and adverse Health and Safety incidents that could result from its operations and activities.
- The provision of adequate training for its employees, regarding environmental protection and occupational health and safety.
- The prevention of environmental pollution, the reduction of quantities of produced waste and the assurance of their safe and environmentally correct use and disposal.
- The saving of natural resources through the re-use and recycling of materials, the purchasing of recycled materials and the use of recyclable packaging and other materials.
- The responsible use of energy in all its activities.
- The protection of the employees and the community in which it operates, through the implementation of safe technologies and operational procedures.
- The communication of the commitment for the environmental protection and occupational Health and Safety to its suppliers, customers and community in which it operates.
- The protection of ancient monuments, cultural heritage, animal and plant life, through the adoption of methods and technologies that are environmental friendly.
- The cooperation with environmental organizations and authorities for the protection of the environment.
- The continuous improvement of the HSE Management System.
It is strong belief of the organizations’ top management that the protection of the environment and the protection of employees’ health and safety, is everybody’s responsibility and for this reason the organization on its whole is committed to the implementation of every possible measure and procedure for the minimization or/and elimination of the relevant negative consequences.